49 Best Beaches In Corfu Island

You’ll need a number of days to explore all of them, and should you visit in September you could have a beach all to yourself. Milos is an upcoming Greek Cyclades island, and it’s mostly well-known for its beaches. Apart from Kleftiko and Sarakiniko, that function on all Milos journey guides, the island has at least another 70.

What side do they drive on in Corfu?

The driver’s seat is on the left hand side and you drive on the right hand side in Corfu.

To provide you with some background, we loved Santorini, Milos and the quieter / smaller places in Crete . We get pleasure from seaside time, some mountaineering, web site seeing, good wine / meals and good / buzzy ambiance at night time for dinner / tavernas. June to September are the most effective months to visit the Greek islands when you’re excited about beaches, hot climate, swimming, sunbathing, and nightlife. If your interests are mountaineering, exploring, taking excursions, and seeing historic sites then April, May, early June, late September, October, and November are one of the best months.
However, in case you are looking for rather less motion, you possibly can drive across the island and uncover your personal favourites. Rhodes is a paradise for surfers, scuba-divers, snorkellers and anybody who likes seaside actions. https://pbase.com/topics/ugandashorts5/ferry_from_athens_to_zante The largest island of the Dodecanese, Rhodes is house to a tremendous UNESCO medieval town that could be very completely different from most different Greek islands.

Best For Travel Insurance: Insuremytrip

This would be the first visit for my sister and my second visit so I am trying to show her my favourite places in addition to visit new ones myself . Our trip starts in Athens for 2 days, Mykonos for 6 days, Santorini for five days and leaving us with three days to spare at the finish of the journey.
  • So, why is Zante an excellent destination for the mature traveller?
  • For a start, it’s a merely beautiful island, and its sights can be loved and appreciated by visitors of all ages.

Which is better Corfu or Crete?

It’s honestly so hard to compare Crete and Corfu as both islands have so much to offer. Crete has a gorgeous coastline filled with some of the best beaches. Corfu on the other hand is lush and green with a rockier coast. Personally, I preferred Corfu to Crete.

Rethymnon has a cool old city and good beaches strolling distance from most hotels. When I visited Milos, I took a day 4WD trip specializing in the island’s connection with mining. Combined with a visit to the mining museum in Adamas, this was an eye-opening experience. It is at all times attention-grabbing to see what local people did for a residing earlier than tourism got here along.
However we are in mid 20s so wish to go someplace with the identical age group or older. I’ve been to Zante and although it was super fun on the time and liked having the strip and so forth, just don’t wish to be the older individuals there anymore! We are planning to return again initially of September for 2 weeks to go to completely different islands for some seashore and solar.

(4th Sept – 7th Sept) We fly out of Athens within the am on the seventh Sept so must be back in Athens previous to this. I’m hoping you can assist myself and a pal determine where to go. We are hoping to go away round mid August for 10 days-2 weeks. We’re on the lookout for a sunny place and beaches to tan and loosen up during the day, with some huge nightlife and an excellent strip .